Saturday 4 February 2012

Gluten free caramel shortbread.

Okay I decided this morn to try making millionaire shortbread.
It is sat setting properly in the fridge but I am very impressed with the outcome.
The recipe I followed was
Shortbread
I made a dough from
250g flour I used doves flour mix
150g unsalted butter
80g caster sugar
I put it in a pan approx 8 by 10 and flattened it out and cooked it for 20 mins in a over at 190 degrees. Basically til it was nice and brown. I then left to cool.

Caramel
I tipped a tin of evapoured milk think is 397g into a saucepan and added 50g of butter and 50g of brown soft sugar. I heated over a low heat until the sugar dissolved and then turned the heat up til it boiled. Turned it back to a
Simmer for about five mins or so til it thickened. I stirred continuously the whole time. I then allowed to cool for about 5 mins then tipped over the shortbread.

Choc
For the chocolate topping I melted 150g of milk choc with a tablespoon of whole milk. I then tipped and spread over the caramel.

I then put the whole thing in the fridge to set.

Now I have cut a slice off and although the shortbread is a little crumbly than usual they Taste amazing. Will reduce the sugar content a little maybe next time of thw shortbread to make it slightly less crumbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment